“Identifying, developing, implementing and evaluating services to meet the changing needs of
Rock County citizens
and our society.
Rock County Family Services Agency provides the following financial and social services to qualifying residents of Rock County."
Adoption | Child Support Services | Day Care | Foster Care | Elderly Services | Other Services | Income Maintenance | Protection for Children & Vulnerable Adults | Chemical Dependency Services | Developmental Disability Services | Mental Illness Services
Limited English Proficiency Plan
|WEB SITE: www.swmhhs.com |
Randy Ehlers, Director
Rock County Family Services
2 Roundwind Road
Luverne, MN 56156
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.*
*After hour and weekends contact the Rock County Sheriff's office at 507-283-5000 and the Social Worker on call will be contacted.
- Aides in securing permanent homes for children without parents.
- Locates homes for children listed on the Minnesota State Adoption Register
- Conducts adoptive home studies, placement and post placement services and relative adoption studies for the court
- Minnesota Department of Human Services/Children's Services
Child Support Services
- Locating non-custodial parents
- Establishing parentage
- Establishing & enforcing child support and medical support orders
- Collecting current & past due child support payments
- Provide licensure for family day care providers to assure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Arrange and provide care for children who are in need of temporary of longer term foster care in a family setting. Families interested in being licensed to provide foster care should contact the agency
- MNDHS Foster Care & Other Out of Home Placements
- Screen all applicants before nursing home admission
- Offer alternatives to nursing home care if the services meet the needs of the individual to include Home Health Care (provided by Nobles/Rock Public Health Service or Luverne Community Hospital), Homemaker, Home Delivered Meals, Personal Care Attendants, etc.
- Arrange appropriate referrals to all services listed above
- MNDHS Aging & Adult Services
- Rock County Senior Citizens (listing of local services)
- Supported Employment Referrals
- Information and Referral
- Money Management
Fees for Social Services may be charged based on income and eligibility
- Cash, Medical Food Stamps and Child Care Assistance are available to applicant who meet income, asset, and other eligibility requirements.
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid
- General Assistance
- Refugee Assistance
- Emergency Assistance
- Medical Assistance
- General Assistance Medical Care
- Food Stamps
- Child Care Assistance Program
Protection for Children & Vulnerable Adults
Services for Persons with Chemical Dependency
- In conjunction with Sanford Hospital, completes chemical dependency assessments and assists individuals to access chemical dependency services. Funds are available to qualified individuals for chemical dependency services.
- Local AA Meetings: Wednesdays, Saturdays @ Rock County Community Library--8:00PM
- MNDHS Chemical Health Division
Services for Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- A developmental disabilities social worker is available to help adults and children with disabilities access services including assessment, day treatment and habilitation, residential living and home and community based services
- MNDHS Continuing Care
Services for Persons with Mental Illness
- Provide a Case Manager to adults an children with severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) to help clients access various services, including counseling, group therapy, and assisted living services.
- MNDHS Children's Mental Health