Rock County Licensing Center Update
The License Center is taking appointments for Driver’s License renewals, title transfers and some DNR transactions.
If you are a Rock County resident, please click here to make an appointment for those services. Please review process listed below.
If you are renewing tabs, please scroll down for instructions on that.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING APPOINTMENTS
This is the process that will happen when booking an appointment online:
- At the time of booking an appointment, you will receive a text message confirming the date and time of your appointment.
- One hour prior to your appointment, you will receive a phone call reminder. After the phone call, you will receive a text message with a link to click on when you arrive in the Courthouse parking lot.
- Upon arrival at the Courthouse, click the link in the text message you received. This let’s License Center staff know you have arrived. As soon as staff has acknowledged your arrival, you will receive a text message letting you know that and instructing you to wait in your vehicle until they are ready for you. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WAIT! We can only have one customer at the counter at all times and are making sure that each counter is cleaned prior to helping you.
- When staff is ready for you to come in, you will receive another text message instructing you to come into the office.
We encourage all customers to wear masks.
REAL ID DRIVER'S LICENSE
If you are applying for REAL ID, please complete the pre-application prior to your appointment.
Real ID Application link
TAB RENEWAL INFORMATION
Rock County residents who need to renew tabs for their vehicle can do so by doing the following:
- Complete the bottom portion of the registration renewal notice by filling in the following in regards to your insurance information:
- Insurance Company Name (not the agent)
- Insurance Policy Number
- Full Expiration Date (Month, Day, Year)
- Write the phone number on the renewal notice in case the office needs to contact you for more information.
- Verify the address on the renewal notice is correct as this is where the tabs/plates will be mailed to. If it is incorrect, please make a note of the correct address
- Include the entire notice (top and bottom).
- Make check payment payable to Motor Vehicle for the amount listed as total due.
- Return the renewal notice and payment one of the following wages:
- Drop off in the large mailbox in the Courthouse entryway. This is available from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Mondays through Thursdays and 7:00 am to 5:00 pm on Fridays.
- Mail to Rock County License Center, PO Box 509, Luverne MN 56156.
If the renewal is for a farm plate, you will need to call the office and get the correct amount. If the vehicle is over 55,000 pounds, you will need to provide HVUT form.
After your renewal is processed, it will be mailed back to you at the address on the renewal notice or other address if indicated.
The License Center Office phone number is (507) 283-5024. These procedures will remain in effect until further notice.
MOTOR VEHICLE KNOWLEDGE & ROAD TESTS
The Department of Public Safety Driver and Vehicle Services Division is reopening 14 exam stations to serve customers statewide on May 19. The closest station to Rock County is Marshall. The phone number for the Marshall exam station is (507) 537-7024.
For up to date information regarding these functions, please visit: https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/news/Pages/frequently-asked-questions.aspx