Elections - Voter Registration, Absentee Ballots & Mail Ballot Precincts
If you would like to check the status of your voter registration, please visit https://mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/VoterStatus.aspx. Enter the required information in order to check voter registration status. If you are a registered voter, the system will let you know where your polling place is. If you are not a registered voter, you will need to register to vote by October 13, 2020 in order to be included on the official roster. You are still able to register on Election Day at the polling place if you miss the deadline.
Register to vote the following ways:
- Complete the Voter Registration Application Form and mail to our office.
- Make an appointment to register to vote at the Rock County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office by calling (507) 283-5060.
- Apply online at https://mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/VoterRegistration/VoterRegistrationMain.aspx.
If you would like to vote by absentee ballot, you can request one the following ways:
- Apply online at https://mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/ABRegistration/ABRegistrationStep1.aspx.
- Complete the Absentee Ballot Application form and return by:
- Placing in the Courthouse Dropbox
- Mailing to the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office
- E-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make an appointment to absentee vote in person at the Rock County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office by calling (507) 283-5060.
Mail Ballot Precincts
If you are a registered voter in one of the following precincts, you will automatically receive a ballot in the mail:
- Battle Plain Township
- Beaver Creek Township
- Clinton Township
- Denver Township
- Kanaranzi Township
- Luverne Township
- Magnolia Township
- Mound Township
- Rose Dell Township
- Springwater Township
- Vienna Township
- City of Beaver Creek
- City of Hardwick
- City of Jasper
- City of Kenneth
- City of Magnolia
- City of Steen
If you would rather vote in person, you can do so by voting at the Courthouse on Election Day. Voting hours are from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
You can track the status of your absentee or mail ballot by visiting https://mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/AbsenteeBallotStatus.aspx?